Sunday, December 27, 2009

"Autograph : How Will I Be Remembered"



















"Autograph" with its innovative "Learning Map" offered the participants a memorable learning experience. It was a great facilitation experience for me, personally, and to experiment the Learning Map on an 'individual' level was a rewarding one.

I first used "learning map" as a 'participant' while with InterContinental Hotels Group. Recently, while designing a project for Moevenpick Hotels & Resorts Middle East & Asia, I personally designed a learning map for the first time, to be used as a group facilitation tool for the Learning & Development Managers of Moevenpick Hotels & Resorts. I have always wanted to try this on an individual level, and it worked so well with this team and I am now in the process of fine-tuning this program to run it in more frequency.

The entire training program evolved around a video and this Learning Map that I designed; every participants received one, a 30 x 60 sheet, and their journey of learning proceeds through this map, while the facilitator plays purely a role of a 'subtle' facilitator, less intruding in their very personal thought process which is what the whole Autograph is all about - an opportunity to reflect and realign.




It was an interesting experience. I loved it.



.