Friday, August 15, 2008

Memory of your beloved one...


Yesterday was our 61st Independence Day...

...children had their sweets in school and a holiday to celebrate independence; you and I had a holiday at work; politicians and those movers and shakers had their air time on various television channels...

...and you...

...dear mothers andfathers and wives and husbands and sons and daughters of men and women in their uniforms serving on the lines of our borders and in their tents and trenches.. and of those who hoped to build a future for self on the future of the country but had to succumb to the heat of the bullets.... Oh! My dear ones who spend this day remembering your beloved ones... standing in front of the picture probably with the tri-colour flag beside and a garland of love around... to you my dear ones...my hands are stretched to give you a hug... wherever you are.. whoever you are.. I am joining with you to share your agony, your loss.... and I am listening to the words that your deep sighs translates as you watch the India today around you....

Your hopes had to be cracked and dreams shattered to help us build our dream...

Thank you for your sacrifice...; I just want you to know that your loss is not gone unnoticed.... and your contribution is regarded as high...