Saturday, January 30, 2010

Knowledge & Wisdom

Knowledge has taken away from us the wisdom to express; when as a child I hugged and pulled and pushed and rolled over with my friends, now I must wait for her to fall sick or die so that I can stand beside her bed or coffin to hold her hands and cry.

Knowledge has taken away from us the wisdom to express; when it was easier as a child with fewer words in my vocabulary to pronounce how much I liked him, with the reading of many words and learning of many thoughts, I hardly can summon me to say that anymore!

I have the knowledge to write essays, but not the wisdom to put together these words when needed, that is, “thank you” and “I am sorry”, or even “I love you” with the meaning its intended to carry.

Knowledge has taken away from us the wisdom to express!


Shahir